Import and Export Licence
Businesses that plans on importing or exporting goods for commercial and personal reasons (or to the value of >R2500) must be registered with South Africa’s (SARS) Customs for an Import / Export Certificate. The certificate is obtainable from SARS, it contains what is known as an Importer’s / Exporter’s Customs Code.
What are the requirements for import export licence
- Bank Account Confirmation letter (South African Bank)
- Tax Clearance (Valid)
- Company Certificate
- ID Copy/s (Director)
- Proof of Address for the Company ( or Affidavit)
How long does it take to register?
Customs’ official turnaround time for import export licenses is 5 working days after submission of all the necessary documentation.
Potential reasons for delays include:
- Customs’ bank authentication taking longer than usual
- Customs changing computer systems
- Customs staff shortages
- Delays due to year end office closures
Please complete application below.